NOAA's DSCOVR satellite's EPIC camera captured its first imagery of Earth on July 6, 2015. Since then, it has delivered thousands of images of our world, including the moon's shadow being cast on Earth during a solar eclipse and two lunar 'photobombs' (imagery not used in this video). The DSCOVR team used over 3,000 images to assemble this time-lapse.
Over the summer months, my family and I travel. I take my work with me and continue to research and write while also growing closer with my close and extended family. If you would like to follow along, the best place is following my instagram account @samuraimoses or twitter account @doctorsutton.
We have been learning the blessings of freedom in the Spirit and the joy of adventure together. Make adventure not war.
Faithful Mother till the foot of the cross! Since the beginning you stand by our side, looking after the family you founded, leading it always on new paths, carrying it further along.
Keep us in the Heart of your Son, in the heart of the Church!
Source of our smiles, and of our tears of charity, grant that we be comfort for the lonely, expression of your presence, sign of your tenderness.
Drive far away from us whoever wants to crush the passion you give us.
Protect us, for the sake of those who suffer, for the sake of the lonely.
To the members of our spiritual family, to each volunteer, present and past, grant a spirit of discipleship. That we may "follow the lamb wherever He goes," that we may fulfill our promises, and be faithful to our word.
Grant that our lives reflect the love of the Most Holy Trinity.
Put on the heart of each one, as a seal of belonging to Heart's Home, an immense compassion for every being!
Today, we come before you, with joy and gratitude, aware of our limitations and our many failures, but full of confidence and hope, and once again we proclaim:
"Yours is our family, Virgin Mary! And we are yours!"
ekstasis (ecstacy) and ekklesia (church) are so close - the "called out of stasis" and the "called out to assemble" are so close. This insight means to me that the mystics and the church are conjoined - the mystics and the church are joined together by being "called out." To be in the church is to be a mystic and to be a mystic is to be in the church.
On Friday, June 17, 2016, my interview appeared with the New York Times.
I spoke about the historical and theological context to the complicated beatification process for Archbishop Fulton Sheen. I enjoyed the interview with Eli Rosenberg and look forward to the next one. More importantly, I am so happy that the beatification of Archbishop Sheen will be soon. May he pray for us as we pray for his canonization.
He is always enough.
In him is our Yes.
The word of the Lord will not go unfulfilled. He has promised yes and so it will be. The kingdom will be made here. In this time now just because he wants to do it.
We live in him, in his loving eyes.
- Go to Church.
- Read the Scripture before the Mass. The readings are here.
- Pray for the priest, sermon, and listening to it prayerfully.
- Invite the Holy Spirit to speak to you and all those present through the service.
- Arrive a few minutes early - please get there early, not just for a good pew place, but for a moment to collect, quiet, and pray for yourself before you pray with everyone else.
- Turn off the phone. Do not text, email, surf, or anything with your phone. Only exception: pray apps like Magnificat or Divine Office
- Take notes from the homily and mass, if not during than after the service. A note card and pen are your welcome companions for worship time. You will hear words, write down those words.
- After the service, discuss with family and friends your takeaway.
- If possible, listen to a homily via podcast on the day's readings. Recommendation: Word on Fire Ministry.
- Do not compare your priest to your favorite famous priest.
- Do not come to church as a critic seeking fault with the litrugy, homily, priest, or congregation. Grace is everywhere, don't close the door.
- Respond generously with whatever the Holy Spirit asks of you. Because the Holy Spirit will always move upon you.
Bonus: Pray a Hail Mary and the end of the Mass to accept the Word of God with an unconditional Yes.
On March 27, 2015, I was interviewed on the current events show In the Arena with Monsignor Kieran Harrington. You can watch the full interview here. We talk about Easter Sunday, Resurrection, and Joy in the Lord. It was a wonderful interview and graced with the Lord's presence. Please watch and share this Easter message.
Here’s a wonderful article about the History of the Millennium Falcon
It all starts with the Adventures of Luke Starkiller up to the present. Fascinating and thankful that Lucas’ first drawing of the Rebel Blockade Runner did not come to pass and we received the great burger shape that can do the Kessel Run in twelve parsecs.
"And if you want my theory, that's where the myth of the design being based off of a burger Lucas was eating got started. ..."