On April 12, 2015, I ran the Queens Half Marathon. It was an awesome experience. It felt so good to run big again after so many years of just not running. At the end of the race, it felt like a hors d'ouerve of heaven, especially since my friends were there - especially since they were there. Do you know what I mean?
Here are the stats: 13.1 miles in 1 hour and 43 minutes. Average of 7:55 a mile. 100th place out of 863 finishers. 33rd in my age group. These aren’t superhuman stats because so many run faster, but I’m huffing and puffing to be better and it felt great.
Better than stats, here's what I learned:
- we run for others
- we can influence more people than we realize
- Jesus makes us new
- if our heart is his, we must grow the strength of this heart for him
- Jesus ran the extra mile for me
- Jesus runs the full
- the only way around suffering for others is through their suffering
- with others is the only way to finish long and finish strong
- friends matter
- friends change everything
- friends are from God
- friends are Jesus Christ
- friends show up
- friends show everything
- friends cheer you on
- friends make you smile - downhill and uphill
- friends make you run faster, harder, stronger, longer, better ...
Please support our friend, Kari.
She's running for you, let's cheer her on! Oklahoma Half Marathon on Sunday, April 26, 2015.
Come on, friends, let's make her twitter blow up.